1/2 C melted butter
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
2 T sugar
2 1/4 t baking powder
3/4 t salt
3/4 C yellow cornmeal
1 C milk
1/2 C jam or jelly (we used our homemade violet jelly)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners (or grease the cups).
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the cornmeal and mix well.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the melted butter to the egg mixture and whisk well. Pour the mixture all at once into the flour, stirring just until the batter is moistend. The batter should look a little lumpy.
4. Fill each muffin cup about 1/3 full with the batter, add 2t of jelly, then cover the jelly with the batter, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Serve warm and enjoy!