To make rosewater you need:
fresh roses or rose petals- the stronger the scent the better
3 parts vodka, gin, or witch hazel extract
1 part distilled water
glass jar with lid
1. Mix the 3 parts vodka with 1 part water.
2. Place rose petals in the glass jar.
3. Completely cover the roses with the alcohol/water solution, leaving 2-3 inches of liquid above the roses.
4. Cover and seal the lid tightly.
5. Place your rosewater in a warm shaded area. After a few days, add more rose petals to the mixture (you might have to add a little more vodka as well). Doing this will make your rosewater more fragrant.
6. After two or three weeks, strain out the roses and rebottle for use. Store in a cool place to prolong shelf life.
*My favorite thing to do with rosewater in the summer is to put it in a mister to use after a bath or shower. I especially love to spray it in my hair! Or try this recipe for rosewater cookies. Enjoy!